Independent Medical Examination (IME)
An independent medical evaluation (IME) is a report issued by a doctor who has not previously been involved in a person’s care examines an individual.
IMEs can be ordered by an employer, an insurance carrier, or attorney to get an independent evaluation of the clinical status of an individual. They are used to:
- Determine the cause, extent and medical treatment of a work-related or other injury where liability is at issue
- Whether an individual has reached maximum benefit from treatment
- Whether any permanent impairment remains after treatment.
Independent medical evaluations can be conducted by Dr. David Fletcher at SafeWorks Illinois. We pride ourselves on our timely service and immediate reports that help resolve the difficult, hard-to-sort-out cases.
SafeWorks Illinois can offer same day IMEs and our litigation support team is ready to assist you by:
- Providing comprehensive IMEs responding to your specific issues;
- Clarifying the specific diagnosis associated with a case;
- Assessing causation, to a reasonable degree of medical certainty;
- Evaluating maximal medical improvement and permanent impairment;
- Specifying medical restrictions and appropriate modified duties;
- Assessing appropriateness of care;
- Offering treatment recommendations when requested;
- Preparing a thorough written report;
- Being available for depositions and testimony.
Any severe, life-threatening injury or illness should immediately report to the nearest hospital emergency room.
Have a question?